Rules & Regulations
- All players must wear shin guards
- All players must have filled out waiver prior to playing
- No sliding
- No spitting on fields
1. FIFA RULES:
The latest FIFA Rules of play shall apply except as amended or modified herein.
2. 434 SPORTSPLEX ADDITIONAL RULES:
- No Slide Tackling.
- No Offsides.
- Throw ins for out of bound on sideline.
- Goal Kick is indirect.
- Drop kicks are allowed by goals, but are indirect.
- No Punts
- Running Clock.
Substitutions will be allowed as follows:
a. No limit on the number of substitutions or substitute.
b. Substitutions may be made "on the fly," but...
1) Cannot enter before substituted player leaves field of play.
2) Cannot enter in attacking third during live play if substituted player comes off in defensive third.
3) Cannot enter in defensive third during live play if substituted player comes off in offensive third.
4) The player leaving the field must immediately leave the field and not impede play while doing so.
c. Substitutions MUST be made:
1) After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play, unless it is the goalkeeper.
2) Following a yellow card.
4. LENGTH OF GAME
All "League" games are 28 minute halves
All "Tournament" games are 14 minute halves unless otherwise noted
5. NUMBER OF PLAYERS
On the Field
- U8 - 4 plus Keeper
- U9/10 - 5 plus Keeper
- U11/12 - 5 plus Keeper
- U13/14 - 5 plus Keeper
- U15/16 - 5 plus Keeper
- U17/18/19 - 5 plus Keeper
- Men's Open - 5 plus Keeper
- Coed - 5 plus Keeper
- 4 Male, 2 Female on field
- Roster size in unlimited
6. VALID ROSTER
- A Complete Team League Roster is required to be submitted to management of 434 SportsPlex via email(manager@434SportsPlex.com) prior to the first game of the current session.
- Players may be added to that roster if management is notified via email and waiver is completed prior to game.
- Each player on the roster must have a completed 434 SportsPlex waiver
- A waiver for players under 18 must be completed by a parent or guardian ONLY.
- A waiver for players over age 18 must be completed by said player ONLY.
- Coaches, Managers, Team Captains may not complete waivers for any player besides themselves of their children.
- Team Roster must be dropped off at office prior to each league game and can be picked up at the end.
- If an illegal player is used, any game in which that player is/was used will be forfeited, and the coach will be suspended for a minimum of the next played game. Any player not properly registered is considered an illegal player.
- Females may play in Male divisions, but Males are not permitted to play in Female divisions.
A player or coach who is ejected receives a minimum of one-game suspension to be served the next played league game. If player is on more than one roster or in more than one age group they cannot play until they serve their suspension with the team they were suspended on. Additional penalties may be levied. No appeal may be made from the one-game suspension.
8. LEAGUE STANDINGS
Points shall be awarded on the following basis:
- Three (3) points for a win
- One (1) point for a tie.
- Goals allowed
During league playoffs if the game ends in a tie a 5 minute golden goal overtime period will be played, If tied at the end of the overtime period a 3 person penalty shootout will be done.
10. FORFEIT TIME
Forfeit time is the 10 minutes after the scheduled starting time. For 6v6 games, a team is required to start a game if 4 (4) players are present. Any team forfeiting will lose the game from their schedule and be required to pay the games full(team game fee times 2) ref fee at the office prior to their next played game.
11. GAME CHANGES AND POSTPONEMENTS
- Game changes may be made at the request of any team, but must prior to the Wednesday before the weekends' game. We will always work with teams on any request, but we need ample time to accommodate requests.
- 434 SportsPlex will only cancel games during a State of Emergency. For postponements due to inclement weather, the league will designate the make-up date at the time of the cancellation.
12. AGE GROUPS
Age groups will be determined by birth year. There is no restriction on the number of players playing up in age group.
Regulation fields complete with goal nets, flags and visible lines shall be required. It is the responsibility of the home field coordinator to provide the field equipment as mentioned.
Protests are not allowed. Any issues should be brought to the office.
15. GAME BALL
- U8 will use a size 3 ball
- U9-U12 will use a size 4 ball
- U13+ will use a size 5 ball
Listed home team will provide the ball prior to each game. Please make sure ball is properly inflated
16. TEAM COLORS
It shall be the responsibility of the home team to change jerseys when there is a conflict of colors.
It will be the responsibility of each team’s coach to maintain control and attitude of his/her team and supporters. If control is not maintained, the referee has the authority to issue a warning, ejection or termination of game. If anyone eject from the game does not leave the game will not restart but time will continue to run.
Please pick up your bench and spectator areas after each game